Increase User Productivity, Decrease IT Headaches with ExtremeZ-IP
If your organization is one of the estimated 80% + enterprises with Mac users that need to access content and files in a mixed server and storage environment, you know firsthand the issues that arise when Macs try to access corporate server resources, such as Windows servers, and files residing on NAS storage devices. These issues manifest themselves in a number of ways, but performance, data integrity, data corruption and loss of critical functions are amongst the most common. For example, when Mac users experience performance or data integrity issues, there are many ways in which the business is impacted:
- Helpdesk calls from Mac users regarding file, print and backup issues increase significantly.
- Additional file storage needs drive up loads on networks and servers.
- Productivity drops as users can't access files they need to do their jobs.
- End-user satisfaction plummets.
ExtremeZ-IP enables enterprises to simply, seamlessly and transparently make content and files - on Windows servers and NAS storage - accessible to Mac users. And it will bring your Mac users to a whole new level of access and productivity.
The Benefits of ExtremeZ-IP
ExtremeZ-IP, offers everyone from Windows Administrators to Mac End-Users the ability to:
- Empower and enable Mac users to access files on Windows servers and NAS storage.
- Reduce administrative costs as the same administrator can now support both Windows and Mac environments.
- Reduce hardware costs as the need for Mac servers to support Mac users is eliminated.
- Reduce help desk calls by as much as 40%.
- Reduce downtime in case of server restarts.
- Save space and reduce backup time with filename policies that keep improper files (e.g. MP3s) off servers.
- Deliver enterprise-class IT services, such as Distributed File System (DFS), Active Directory and network-based home directories to Mac users.
- Utilize Kerberos for single-sign on capability to all Windows-based systems.
- Enable Mac users to self-restore files with Volume Shadow Copy (VSS) previous versions support.
- Leverage Windows file servers as the target drives for Mac's Time Machine desktop backups with simple, fully Mac-compatible file servers access.
- Find files fast -- and even leverage Mac's built-in Network Spotlight to help find files even faster.
- Improve collaboration between Windows and Mac users.
- Consistent file and print access for Mac and PC users.
- Maintain the integrity of the Mac experience.
- Support Compatibility with Mac OS 9 through the latest OS X 10.7 Lion.