DFSConnect: DFS support for Mac clients
As companies with Macintosh computers look to deploy DFS in order to improve the manageability, reliability, and performance of their file server infrastructure, ExtremeZ-IP's support for DFS is critical to providing "compatibility without compromise."
DFSConnect allows your server to:
- Provide full virtual DFS Namespace access to Mac clients in a seamless and intuitive manner on Mac OS X 10.4 and later.
- Support full DFS replication and site costing.
- Provide support for Mac clients to DFS-based network or portable home directories when authenticating against Active Directory at login (DFS Home Directory support requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later). [*]
- Support DFS referrals to both AFP (ExtremeZ-IP) servers or native SMB servers for mixed environments.
- DFSConnect is the only solution on the market that allows you to utilize the AFP file sharing protocol in a DFS environment.
DFSConnect's DFS support is included in the trial version of ExtremeZ-IP.
DFSConnect's DFS support is included in the ExtremeZ-IP "Enterprise Solutions" class licenses; Unlimited-Client, Cluster or Enterprise License (ELP). Click here to request an Enterprise-Class License quote.
DFSConnect is available as an optional add-on for 10, 25, 50, and 100 client versions of ExtremeZ-IP. This add-on license can be purchased in the GroupLogic Online Store.
Any license of ExtremeZ-IP can be a DFS target.
For more details on ExtremeZ-IP's DFS support, see our DFS white papers in the GroupLogic Resource Center.
[*] DFS-based home directories are not yet supported for Mac OS X 10.7 Lion clients. Support for DFS-based home directories will require a follow-up release of ExtremeZ-IP and/or Mac OS 10.7.