Self-Service File Restoration for Mac Computers
Do you use Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) to enable your Windows users to restore server-based files? Are you planning to deploy this feature, but have both Mac and Windows users in your organization? Until now, the ability to self-restore files was limited to Windows PCs. ShadowConnect is the only application available that brings that functionality to Mac computers.
With ShadowConnect, Mac users now have the ability to browse and restore Windows server-based files right from the familiar OS X Finder interface.*
ShadowConnect is the perfect solution for allowing Mac users to bypass the help desk and gain instant access to previous versions of their changed and deleted files.ShadowConnect delivers needed files now
Your organization can use ShadowConnect to:
- Enable Mac users to restore previous versions of changed and deleted file, directly from their computer
- Increase productivity by allowing users instant access the files they require
- Reduce the number of help desk incidents generated for file restores from central backup
- Allow common Volume Shadow Copy access across Mac and Windows platforms
Only ShadowConnect can:
- Allow Mac users to restore previous versions of files and folders.
- Extend VSS restore functionality beyond that offered by Windows, allowing users to directly browse and restore files that were deleted from a folder.
- Display previous versions of files and folders the way Mac users expect, using Finder interface integration, Cover Flow style browsing, and Quick Look previews.
* ShadowConnect is included with ExtremeZ-IP Server and requires ExtremeZ-IP to be installed to access previous versions on the Windows file server. A free Mac client-side application is also required to browse and restore previous versions.