Acronis Access® with MobileIron AppConnect
Acronis and MobileIron have partnered to bring the Acronis Access secure Mobile Content Management + Editing solution to the MoibleIron AppConnect “secure ecosystem” platform on both Apple iOS and Google Android. This allows Acronis Access to take advantage of AppConnect secure app containerization and AppTunnel secure communication and SSO access control.
Acronis Access provides secure Mobile Content Management + Editing (MCM) for access to to enterprise content that resides on company servers and document repositories such as file servers, NAS and SharePoint sites. When used with AppConnect, Acronis Access content can be shared with other AppConnect-enabled apps, enhancing productivity while maintaining security. In addition, AppTunnel provides secure, integrated communication with on-premises Acronis Access servers and content. By meeting the stringent security and management policies required by today’s enterprise to turn a mobile device into a true business platform, Acronis Access and AppConnect are for organizations that need end-to-end data protection and want the added value of maintaining control over their enterprise apps and data that resides on the mobile device.
Acronis Access provides a number of key features including:
Simple: Access and Work with Enterprise Files on iOS and Android
- Delivers secure access, viewing and editing to content on file servers, NAS devices and SharePoint sites including SharePoint sites hosted on Office365,
- Synchronizes files automatically to and from the server to the client ensuring users have the latest versions and files.
Productive: Edit Office Documents and Annotate PDFs
- Includes secure, in-app editing of Office documents .DOCX, spreadsheets .XLSX, presentations .PPTX and .TXT files plus .PDF annotation
- Intuitive UI interface and navigation
Managed: User level access control
- Integrates with Active Directory for authentication, for enforcing existing access rights, and for policy management of entire AD groups.
- Manages app configuration via the unique Acronis Policy Engine to provide access, extensive app configuration and compliance management
Secure: In-app security
- Encrypts all content and settings using a FIPS 140-2 validated encryption module on iOS and AES-128 on Android
- Supports smart card authentication (CAC/PIV) on iOS
- Offers remote wipe of Acronis Access contents & configuration only (selective wipe)
Acronis Access with AppConnect
With the same Mobile Content Management + Editing functionality as Acronis’s standalone Access solution, Access with AppConnect allows enterprises to take advantage of AppConnect’s security features, including:
Authentication, Single sign-on, Authorization: Confirm identity through domain username and password or certificates so only approved users can access business apps. Enforce time-based app-level sign-on across app containers. Allow or block app usage or storage based on device posture.
Configuration & Management: Silently configure personalized settings such as user name, server address, and custom attributes without requiring user intervention. Update app policies dynamically. Take remedial action: remotely wipe app data without touching personal data.
Encryption and DLP Controls: Ensure that all app data stored on the device is encrypted Set data loss prevention (DLP) policies, e.g., copy/paste, print, and open-in permissions, so sensitive data cannot leave the container.
Easy to Deploy
With no add-on connectors, appliances or cloud components Acronis Access can be deployed in less than 30 minutes.
Acronis Access Server
- The standard Acronis Access server software is designed to support AppConnect-enabled and standard Acronis Access client apps.
- Runs on Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012 of all variants (R2, Storage Server, etc.)
- Windows workstation platforms also supported (Vista, 7, 8) Acronis Access for iOS
- Includes latest AppConnect SDK for compatibility with iOS 7 Acronis Access for Android
- Full support for MobileIron AppConnect
- Includes auto-enrollment, configuration and AppTunnel support
Learn more about MobileIron AppConnect at:
Watch a brief 5 minute video about the integration:
Download a free Acronis Access Trial server software now:
Download the free Acronis Access for iOS app from the Apple App Store
Download the free Acronis‘ Access for Android app from the Google Play Store