Seamless Windows File and Print Server Access for Mac Users
Are Macs a critical component of your IT infrastructure? Have you struggled with ways to integrate them into your Windows file & print server environment? Fundamental differences between the Mac and Windows operating systems can make this integration a challenge and generate frequent help desk calls.
With ExtremeZ-IP you get seamless integration with your existing Windows infrastructure, while maintaining the complete Mac experience end-users expect. You also get a powerful suite of administration features that enable you to manage how Mac clients access and utilize your file and print resources.
ExtremeZ-IP is the perfect solution for allowing Macs and PCs to coexist and collaborate on your Windows based network.
ExtremeZ-IP delivers seamless access
Thousands of organizations today are already using ExtremeZ-IP to:
- Allow Macs to use the same file and print resources as PCs, simplifying management and consolidating servers
- Reduce the number of help desk incidents generated by Mac users
- Eliminate file corruption and incompatibility created by Mac users accessing Windows servers
- Simplify administration through seamless integration with Active Directory and Distributed File System (DFS)*
- Increase productivity though ExtremeZ-IP's improved client integration, accessibility, and performance
- Maintain expected Mac features such as Network Spotlight full content search and Time Machine backup
- Enable Mac clients to self-restore previous versions of server-based files, reducing help desk backup restore requests**
- Eliminate AppleTalk from their networks
Eliminate incompatibilities that Macs encounter when using traditional Windows SMB files shares, including:
- Elimination of 'dot underscore' files
- Support for Mac file 'resource forks'
- Proper handling of long file names
- The ability to browse DFS namespaces
- Compatibility with Mac OS 9 through the latest OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.
Integrate into a wide variety of Windows environments, including:
- Windows 2003 and 2008 servers
- Microsoft Clustering
- Active Directory
- Distributed File System (DFS)*
- Windows ACL permissions
- Network-based Home Directories
- Kerberos single sign-on authentication.
Provide the Mac technologies your users expect, including:
- AFP file server access
- Network Spotlight
- Time Machine
- Bonjour resource discovery
- Auto-configuration of network printers
* ExtremeZ-IP DFS Virtual Root support is only available in the ExtremeZ-IP "Enterprise Solutions" class licenses; Unlimited-Client, Cluster or Enterprise License (ELP). The DFSConnect add-on is available for DFS support on other license client counts. However, any license of ExtremeZ-IP can be a DFS target. DFSConnect is available on our Online Store. Click here to request an ELP quote.
** Requires the addition of the ShadowConnect add-in, available separately.