With more than a decade in the market, MassTransit was created from the ground up to handle file transfers as part of larger business processes.
All features and capabilities in MassTransit 7 are designed to satisfy what organizations require today:
- Ease of use, accelerated user adoption, reliability, service provisioning
- Rock solid architecture. Support for thousands of large files, users and sites
- Mission critical performance and automation
- Extensive client platform support: Macintosh, Windows, Linux
- Advanced transfer protocols for every need
- Macintosh and Windows file support
- Security, visibility, tracking and compliance
- Integration with corporate infrastructure like Active Directory.
To learn more about the capabilities and features we provide in any area of our product, click one of the related links below.
Still have questions? Looking for a feature you don't see described in the sections above? Call us at 1.800.476.8781 / +1.703.528.1555 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MassTransit provides state of the art end-user experience. Simple, clean and natural user interfaces designed to get the job done. No need to learn how to use complex functions. The tools you need are in front of you. You already use them.
- MassTransit Plug-in for Outlook
- Users send emails with attachments all the time. Why interrupt their daily routine? The MassTransit plug-in for Outlook is designed to be completely transparent to the user, while attachments are routed through MassTransit for delivery. 10 GB attachment? No problem. Need to attach a folder with dozens of files? Piece of cake. The challenges associated to dealing with attachment sizes, mailbox storage quotas, backups and other headaches and costs are history.
- Web browser support for file transfers. Firefox, IE, Safari, Chrome.
- Users simply navigate to the file transfer portal using their preferred web browser, use the web mail-like interface to select the files and folders they want to send, choose the recipient and click "send". Transferring files couldn't be easier!
- Web Browser plug-in for power users
- Do you need to transfer 100+ GB files, or hundreds of files at once? No problem. The MassTransit Web Client Plug-in supports Internet Explorer, Safari, and Firefox on Mac and Windows and lets you do that and more. It also enables advanced features and protocols, including UDP acceleration and MTAP protocol with compression, encryption and support for Mac file integrity. Plus many features for enhanced user experience.
- Supports FTP and SFTP
- MassTransit supports your company's existing FTP and SFTP clients and FTP servers, ensuring compatibility with vendor and customer systems. No need to manage several file transfer systems. Use MassTransit for all your transfer needs.
- "Hot Folder" driven connections
- MassTransit can monitor special "Hot folders" on a file server. Whenever new files are placed in these folders, they are automatically transferred to the appropriate recipient's "Hot folder" on the MassTransit server
- Sends email and SMS notifications
- MassTransit can send email notifications and text messages with every file transfer, alerting the recipient that the file is available for download and confirming transfer success for the sender. If a transfer or other error occurs, the sender, recipient and system administrator are automatically alerted with fully customizable notifications.
MassTransit supports many file delivery protocols, each suited to satisfy different requirements and uses.
The currently included protocols are HTTP, HTTPS, MTAP, MTAPS, FTP, SFTP and UDP. The secure, encrypted HTTPS protocol is ideal for most business purposes that require the transfer of small and medium size files (up to 2 GB). Both HTTP and HTTPS protocols support nearly any Internet connection and connect through firewalls and proxy servers. HTTPS provides industry standard encryption via SSL and uses SSL certificates to ensure file transfers are as secure as online banking.
MTAP and MTAPS, the MassTransit Advanced Protocols, provide a number of important enhancements over HTTPS and FTP. MTAP can handle file sizes larger than 100 GB, offers additional encryption options, and handles and preserves folders/directories, compression and cross platform compatibility without the extra step of zipping and unzipping.
MassTransit also includes the FTP and SFTP protocols to allow connections with standard FTP clients and legacy FTP servers.
- Scales to multi Gigabyte file transfers
- MassTransit has been designed to handle even the largest, most complex file transfers. MassTransit can easily handle file transfers of over 100GB made up of thousands of files.
- Seamless support for complex folder structures and Macintosh files
- MassTransit handles complex folder structures with hundreds of sub-folders and thousands of files effortlessly. MassTransit also automatically handles Macintosh file properties. This means that users don't have to worry about zipping files before sending them to preserve these forks. FTP solutions can't handle these situations and critical data can be lost or corrupted and require that these files and folders be zipped before transferring them.
- Checkpoint - restore
- If a transmission is interrupted or a problem occurs, transfers will resume from the point of interruption, not from the beginning. This is invaluable when transferring very large, multi-gigabyte files.
- Lossless inline data compression
- MassTransit ensures fast file transfers by automatically compressing files while being transferred. MTAP's compression technology is lossless, ensuring that no degradation in data quality occurs during transfer.
- Built-in encryption
- On-the-fly encryption of files being transferred using AES-128, AES-256, and TripleDES ciphers. This ensures that all file transfers are fully protected and that only the intended recipient will have access to the data.
- Digital certificates
- Authentication via X.509 certificates ensures that file exchanges are made only with intended sites and users. This means that only the intended recipients can access the transferred data files.
MassTransit elegantly supports both simple and complex file transfer scenarios, ranging from email-like user-to-user deliveries, to fully automated site-to-site use cases. MassTransit provides powerful workflow tools to allow administrators to set up routing and processing rules. MassTransit also implements powerful API to support integration and scripting to handle more complex or custom situations.
- Client-to-client transfers
- MassTransit makes it very easy for users to send each other files through a web portal or with the plug-in for Outlook. Senders can upload files directly from their desktop. Recipients receive an email with a link to download the file through the browser.
- Site-to-site transfers
- Push and pull files without user intervention. Companies can setup "hot folders" on file servers at multiple sites or companies. Users can simply drag a file or folder into a hot folder. They will be automatically transferred to a hot folder in another location. This streamlines the file transfer process as neither the sender nor the recipient need to have files move through their desktop before they are placed into a working folder on a file server.
- Mixed client and server file transfers
- Users can send files to remote file servers or receive files that have been copied into folders on remote file servers. This means that companies have tremendous flexibility in how and when files are transferred.
- Automated digital supply chains
- MassTransit can automate even the most complex business processes that connect multiple users and systems. Administrators can set up advanced rules for routing files based on metadata, file types and events. MassTransit can also be tightly integrated with third party content management and business application software systems, web portals, databases and production systems.
- Secure, DMZ-based workflows
- Placing MassTransit server inside the DMZ allows files to be sent securely between locations without compromising security. Instead, files can be sent to the DMZ-based MassTransit server and then a second MassTransit server inside the firewall can poll the DMZ server and then pull the files into your network. This ensures that external servers cannot directly access your internal network.
- Advanced automation tools
- MassTransit includes many features that allow companies to tightly control the flow of data to match their business processes. This includes determining when files will be pushed or pulled from each location, automated retries for failed transfers, copy/move file and folder commands and pre and post-process scripting for more advanced customization and system integration.
MassTransit's logging and reporting capabilities are critical to ensuring both visibility and control. Many organizations are completely blind when it comes to their FTP server usage and operation. This also applies when users send sensitive files as email attachments. There is no visibility on who is sending or receiving data or what files are being sent. Nor is anyone aware when there is a problem, a file transfers fail, making them much less responsive to process interruptions or system downtime. MassTransit provides all of this visibility and much more.
- Comprehensive, auditable, user-friendly log
- MassTransit audits all aspects of the file transfer process. This includes when files were sent, who sent them, when they were received and if any failures occurred. For files in process, MassTransit tracks "send" progress and updates the log as to where files sit in the queue. Finally, MassTransit tracks extensive system performance data including usage and system uptime metrics.
- Web-based access to log
- Many FTP tools include logs, but accessing them is very cumbersome and in some cases, technical. MassTransit provides an easy to use, comprehensive but human readable web view where all log data can be accessed.
- Ability to search/query log
- MassTransit's web based log view also provides the ability to search transaction logs for any file or message and to filter the information by user, type of file or key events.
- Reporting tools
- MassTransit provides rich, web-based reporting that significantly increases visibility and control into system usage, what information is being sent, system health and performance. This information is very important for capacity planning and enforcing IT governance policies, as well as Federal mandates such as the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
FTP server administration is typically an IT administrator's night job, which is fine if usage of the FTP server is limited to just a few users and a handful of file transfers per week. However, as usage increases, this becomes much more complex and costly with increased demands for user provisioning, system monitoring, security and server maintenance required. MassTransit streamlines all of this, requiring a fraction of the cost and time that would have otherwise been required to support hundreds of users.
- Active Directory user authentication
- MassTransit can be tightly integrated with Microsoft's Active Directory to enforce user access rights and compliance with corporate credential policies. No need for users to remember new credentials and no need for Administrators to manage them.
- Active Directory automated client provisioning
- MassTransit can be bound to Microsoft's Active Directory groups to completely automate user provisioning, authentication and delivery permissions. Simply assigning a user to a group within Active Directory triggers a user to be provisioned within MassTransit with role-based access rights. No need to create, maintain, delete user accounts.
- Remote administration client application
- All aspects of the MassTransit system can be managed remotely using a standalone, intuitive administration client application.
- Automated system cleanup and optimization
- Many FTP servers become the digital equivalent of the refrigerator that never gets cleaned out with hundreds or thousands of files that are never removed. This can expose confidential data to loss and can consume all disk space making additional file transfers impossible. MassTransit eliminates this problem by automatically deleting older files and unused accounts according to rules set by the administrator.
- Bandwidth management
- MassTransit supports file transfers of 100GB or more, including complex folder hierarchies with thousands of files. If unmanaged, these types of file transfers can consume all available bandwidth at a particular site and possibly affect other business-critical uses of the network. MassTransit allows administrators to set a maximum amount of bandwidth that can be consumed by file transfers thereby ensuring that other uses of the network can continue to operate efficiently.
- Multiple streams for inter-site transfers
- Multiple streams provide fine grain control over how information is processed between any two locations. One use of this technology is to create standard and priority delivery streams so that important files can take precedence over files that are already in mid-transfer. In complex use cases, a single location or user can be involved in multiple business processes with different file routing rules for each business process.
- Rich monitoring interfaces
- MassTransit provides monitoring interfaces to Microsoft Perfmon or other compatible system monitoring tools.
- APIs for integration/automation
- MassTransit provides an extensive set of SOAP and COM based APIs to allow customers to tightly integrate MassTransit with content management and workflow management.